Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson, Book Review






Blurb:

Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitation arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she’ll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Edenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.

From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seemingly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will she be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her feet? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marianne to Edenbrooke.



My Review:

AMAZING!!!  I seriously and completely fell in love with this book and its characters.  I couldn't put it down, I had to stay up until the wee hours of the morning to finish reading it!  Edenbrooke is writing in the classic Jane Austen style.  Regency, proper romance, and established relationships.  I fell in love with the characters!  I felt their emotions!  My heart was racing, my stomach was fluttering and if I were prone to tears there would have been some!  The writing was exceptional so that as a reader,  I felt every emotion conveyed clearly through the book.  I became so caught up in Marianne, Phillip and Cecily's lives that my world faded to the background and all I could see was Edenbrooke.  From the conversations in the library to the horse back riding across the property, there was never a dull moment in this book!   If you are a fan of Austen or just a fan of a great 'proper' romance, then you absolutely have to read Edenbrooke!  I am still amazed a few days later at the excellence of this story!  Five fabulous stars, Julianne Donaldson is a brilliant writer!


You can pick up your own copy of Edenbrooke via Amazon or Barnes and Noble.


Happy Reading!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!