Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale, Book Review



Blurb from the book:

Coming down from the mountain to a new life in the city is a thrill to Miri. She and her princess academy friends have been brought to Asland to help the future princess Britta prepare for her wedding.There, Miri also has a chance to attend school-at the Queen's Castle. But as Miri befriends students who seem sophisticated and exciting she also learns that they have some frightening plans. Torn between loyalty to the princess and her new friends' ideas, between an old love and a new crush, and between her small mountain home and the bustling city, Miri looks to find her own way in this new place. 
Picking up where "Princess Academy" left off, and celebrating the joys of friendship, romance and the fate of fairy tale kingdoms, this new book delivers the completely delightful new story that fans have been waiting for.


My Review:

It has been awhile since I read The Princess Academy but reading Palace of Stone, I felt like I had picked up right where I left off. Miri, Peder and all of my favorite characters were a part of this book, along with some new ones. I loved that Miri was an imperfect heroine who struggled to do the right thing just like anyone would. I appreciated that she made mistakes, but she owned up to those mistakes and made them right. I was slowly drawn into the story, and I wasn't sure where it was going to go at first. Miri leaving Mount Eskel and going to Asland and whispers of a revolution. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the direction that the book was going. However, although it wasn't the direction I imagined the sequel taking, I literally could not put the book down! I stayed up until almost 1 am to finish it in one sitting! Shannon Hale has a way of drawing the reader into the story and holding their interest chapter after chapter. She has an amazing ability to tell a story and I look forward to her hopefully releasing a third book in this series! 
I received a copy of this book for free, this is my honest review.


You can pick up your own copy of Palace of Stone via Amazon.


Happy Reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!