Out of the Blue (Hindight #1) by Kelly Martin, Book Review


Blurb:

Start at the beginning...

You want to know how it all began. How I fell for her? How I started to love...?

You want to know how I met Oliver Weston. How I grew to hate him? Why I did what I did?

You want to know how it all began?

Because every story has a beginning, doesn't it? Even mine.

Especially mine.

I loved her. I still do.

And I hated him.

Still do.

So this is it. The start. My 'in the beginning'.

This is how an average guy from Oklahoma ended up here... talking to you. 

It all started innocently enough. I needed a place to live. Jordan needed a roommate. 

It hit me out of the blue. 

I only wish it had ended differently.

But we will get to that later. For now, I need to talk about Jordan-- and how she changed my life.




My Review:

When I first started Out of the Blue I was kind of shocked because it is written from a male perspective and he is recounting memories for the reader.  The idea really grabbed me because the majority of books are not written this way.  Walker is the narrator and he tells us about how he met J and the mystery of the small town where they are attending college.  This novella is magnetic and the question of "whodunnit" was so powerful that I found myself eagerly reading each page!  If I had read Sherlock Holmes books, I would imagine that this may be something like them with a modern twist. Even though she was a minor character, I loved Mrs. Bainbridge and also the mystery of J's brother Joshua.  Seriously the small town and the mystery charmed me from page one!  Out of the Blue was hit for me!  The only downfall is that the rest of the story will be found in books two and three!  So hurry up and write Martin, write!!!



You can pick up your own copy of Out of the Blue via Amazon.


Happy Reading!!!


Source:  Author for review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!